Onamia is located in central Minnesota, near Mille Lacs Lake and other lakes and Rum River. See more at general info There are businesses in the area including a hospital, schools grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, drug store, and industry- see our biz listings There are also plenty of recreational opportunities.
- tips from CDC
- Do have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil, or coal burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year.
- Do install a battery-operated or battery back-up CO detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds leave your home immediately and call 911.
- Do seek prompt medical attention if you suspect CO poisoning and are feeling dizzy, light-headed, or nauseated.
swans and geese were on Lake Onamia during Thanksgiving 2017
on Friday October 27 I seen rain, then a blizzard, and later large waves on lake superior at Duluth MN. I took video and photos in the afternoon Sunday November 5 2017.
to improve safety, efficiency, and save money..... A home furnace or boiler should be inspected and adjusted every year to ensure safe and efficient operation. It will help you save on your energy bill, too... Read more at https://mn.gov/commerce/consumers/your-home/save-energy-money/energy-tips.jsp#/detail/appId/2/id/312391
7-18-2017 Smoke from Canada wild fires visible (and can be smelled) in Brained MN
for current conditions http://www.pca.state.mn.us/index.php/air/air-quality-and-pollutants/gene...
2-17-2017 fine particles can be seen in Brainerd MN MPCA reading for fine particles was 55 (moderate)
Around June is the time of year of the most deer -car crashes. The grown up fawns have separated from the doe.
June is also railroad crossing safety month...Read more
- For some it is Memorial Day weekend.
- some it is when school gets out.
- for meteorological summer in Minnesota June 1st is the date normally used.
- For astronomical summer it goes by the day with the longest daylight
- in Northern Hemisphere is June 20 2017
- in Southern Hemisphere it is December 21 2017
- Have a Happy Summer