Onamia is located in central Minnesota, near Mille Lacs Lake and other lakes and Rum River. See more at general info There are businesses in the area including a hospital, schools grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, drug store, and industry- see our biz listings There are also plenty of recreational opportunities.
Around June is the time of year of the most deer -car crashes. The grown up fawns have separated from the doe.
June is also railroad crossing safety month...Read more
- For some it is Memorial Day weekend.
- some it is when school gets out.
- for meteorological summer in Minnesota June 1st is the date normally used.
- For astronomical summer it goes by the day with the longest daylight
- in Northern Hemisphere is June 20 2016
- in Southern Hemisphere it is December 21 2016
- Have a Happy Summer
April 25 2016 received from MNDOT
BAXTER, Minn. — Motorists on Highway 169 between Onamia and Vineland may encounter delays when lanes and shoulders are closed during non-rush hours Monday, May 2 through mid-July.
Motorists should expect the following:
Current information on statewide fire danger and burning restrictions is available online.
Many areas have additional local restrictions.
April 15 2016 much of the state had high to very high fire danger. Southwest Minnesota was considered extremely high.